The Catholic Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance), has three elements: conversion, confession and celebration.
In it we find God's unconditional forgiveness; as a result we are called to forgive others.
In our parish, First Reconciliation (Penance) and First Communion go hand in hand. We look forward to partnering with you on this journey of faith.
Diocese guidelines for those receiving First Reconciliation:
- Grade Two or above (please indicate their grade on the registration form)
- Register for Children's Faith Formation. If your child attends St. Paul Catholic School (SPCS), you must also register your child using the CFF forms. This registration for SPCS students separate from your school registration because sacramental preparation is a parish activity and is an additional program.
- Be baptized as a Catholic prior to the beginning of the school year. Baptism certificate must be submitted with refistration.
- Have already attended faith formation in Grade One at SPCS with the CFF Program, or at another Catholic School or parish faith formation program. If your child did not attend at SPCS, a letter confirming that they attended elsewhere must be submitted at with registration forms.
Additional information on the Sacramental Preparation can be found here.
Forms we need returned:
2. A copy of baptismal certificate
Please feel free to contact Evelyn Cedrun at (719) 219-2704 or [email protected] if you have further questions.